Home Videos Photos

GROSS! 22 People Get Sick From Obstacle Course After Crawling In Mud Contaminated With Animal Feces!

| Filed under: Icky Icky PooFitnessHealthSick

22 racers were infected by contaminated water in a Nevada obstacle course!

If you're thinking of signing up for an obstacle course sometime soon, you might want to rethink that!

Back in 2012, 22 people who competed in an adventure race on a cattle ranch in Beatty, Nevada spent the next week dealing with a fever, nausea, and worst of all — bloody diarrhea!

Well researchers later came to a gag-inducing conclusion that the participants got sick because they were exposed to mud that had been contaminated with swine or cattle poop!

Um, GROSS!

The Centers for Disease Control found that the racers had been infected with a bacteria known as campylobacter coli, which causes symptoms like fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and cramping for about a week!

It gets even worse, as the CDC says there's a "significant association" between the infection and accidentally SWALLOWING contaminated water during the course of the race!

That's right! These racers all got sick because they accidentally ingested animal poop!

We think we're gonna have to stay away from obstacle courses in the future and stick with a nice, clean, feces-free gym!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Simple Steps To Avoid Having An ALS Ice Bucket Challenge FAIL!
Celebrities Taking The Ice Bucket Challenge!
Actors Who Have Lost A LOT Of Weight For Movie Roles!
6 Celebs With Cleft Lips!!!
12 Celebrity Workouts To Get You Ready For The Beach This Summer!
20 Stars Who Got Buff For Movie Roles
Email this  »
Welcome back, !
or logout

or login or create a Perez Posse account!