Have you seen our flip flops? Oh, that’s right, Donald Sterling took them all!
The disgraced Los Angeles Clippers owner previously said that he was onboard to sell his team to ex Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, and that he would drop his lawsuit against the NBA.
Unfortunately, he had a change of heart on Monday, and has decided to pull his support from the team’s sale, and is going to continue to sue the NBA for $1 billion.
Why sue for $1 billion in a long process when you can sell and make $2 billion quickly? Doesn't make sense to us!
Plus, he isn’t even supposed to be able to have any say in the negotiations at all! Shelly Sterling controls the The Sterling Family Trust and the sale of the team!
But on Monday, Donald
Duck Sterling released a statement, which he creatively titled The Team is not for Sale, and explained his position. He said:
"I have decided that I must fight to protect my rights. While my position may not be popular, I believe that my rights to privacy and the preservation of my rights to due process should not be trampled. I love the team and have dedicated 33 years of my life to the organization. I intend to fight to keep the team."
The team doesn't WANT you to fight for them. The entire NBA is going to fight to keep you out!
If anything, he’s probably more upset about the terms of the deal which allow Shelly to keep $200 million, or 10 percent of the team, to use for a foundation that she will chair, and which will help minorities, battered women, and underprivileged families. She’ll also continue to get floor seats — thats seatS with an S — and parking, along with the title "owner emeritus.”
Sounds a lot more generous than it needs to be!
All that really matters is that Donald gets the heck out of there so that the team can continue to keep their minds on basketball, and not whether they’ll be making money for a racist or not.
[Image via Ramey Pix.]
Tags: basketball, Donald Sterling, legal matters, Los Angeles Clippers, Racism, Scandal, Steve Ballmer, zportz