This is incredibly sad!
Last night, former President George H.W. Bush was taken by ambulance to Houston Methodist Hospital after experiencing a shortness of breath.
According to spokesman Jim McGrath, George W. Bush's father:
[Image via WENN.]
Burgers are meant for enjoyment and to fulfill hunger, not to cause pain and to send you to the hospital!!
Arron Hendy, the assistant news editor and his trainee reporter Ruari Barratt set out to try the hottest burger in Brighton, U.K. at Burger Off.
Little did the two know it would end disastrously.
Before Arron and Ruari took a bite of the infamous XXX Hot Chilli Burger, they had to sign a waiver from the restaurant before indulging in the dangerous concoction!
Not to mention the burger is only sold to those 18 and over! That should've been a warning!
The training reporter's first bite was his last. He claimed the burger was much too spicy to continue eating.
Ruari recalled his scary incident, he said:
"It was hard to walk. I needed to drink milk to neutralize the burning, which was hard because I was hyperventilating so much my hands had seized up."
The same happened to Arron.
One bite caused him to experience severe stomach pains, he lost feeling in his hands, his legs started to shake and his eyes reportedly rolled to the back of his head.
The assistant news editor said the whole thing was a near death experience! He said:
"I was in so much pain I was telling people I felt like I was dying.
It's embarrassing but it felt that bad. If you’re thinking of trying this burger for a dare, just don't."
Well, you don't have to tell us twice!
The spicy sauce featured in the burger is said to be measured between seven and nine million on the Scoville scale, according to restaurant owner Nick Gambardella.
To give you an example of just how HOT the sauce was, Tabasco sauce is rated between 2,500 to 5,000 on the Scoville scale.
That's definitely not on our list of things to eat before we die!