Los Angeles Clippers Can Now Be Sold After Donald Sterling’s Claims Are Slam-Dunked Straight Out Of The Courtroom
Rejoice! The racist owner is out!
On Monday, a judge ruled that Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling does not have any say in the sale of the team to billionaire Steve Ballmer, and that Shelly Sterling can continue on with it.
Sterling previously said that the doctors who his estranged wife Shelly had examine him were in cahoots with her, and that he was hoodwinked. Judge Michael Levanas all but laughed at that in his tentative oral decision. He also said that Shelly was worried about her hubby’s health when she had the doctors check him out.
Now, the $2 billion sale can be completed no matter what an appellate court says!
Shelly gave a statement, saying:
“I haven’t slept for like about two months. I’m going to go to sleep now. I’m just glad it’s over.”
Same here! And the NBA’s statement added:
“We are pleased that the court has affirmed Shelly Sterling’s right to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer. We look forward to the transaction closing as soon as possible.”
The judge also affirmed this, by saying the team would go into a “death spiral” if Donald remained the owner. And he added that Shelly’s testimony was “far and away more credible” than her hubby’s.
We’re just thrilled that for all intents and purposes, awful Donald Sterling is out of the NBA and the Clippers are on the right track again!
[Image via WENN.]