Parents are ALWAYS looking for tricks to get their little one to sleep!
Perezcious reader, Dina from New Jersey is among the many sleepy parents out there. She asks Perezitos' pro party planner, organizer, and all around motherhood expert, Amy Malin:
"How do I figure out what music to play for my infant son that will help relax him? Any good suggestions?"
My almost 5 month old son loves music. I created a few playlists for him for different times of day and occasions. I'll share with you "Maxwell's Chill-Out Mix".
- Three Little Birds by Bob Marley - I LOVE reggae and it seems to really put babies in a good mood. Plus, the message of this Bob Marley classic is great, "Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
- Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson - This song always puts a smile on my face and is a fun duet between two music icons.
- Beautiful U R by Javier Colon - Javier won the 1st season of the show The Voice and this song is actually an R&B tune of his from back in 2003.
- What a Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers - a really light and airy pop song by the always heavenly Michael McDonald.
- How Deep Is Your Love? by The Bee Gees - I'm a sucker for some good disco tunes and this pretty ballad by the brothers Gibb is a great chill out track
- Pretty Wings by Maxwell - The smooth groove of Maxwell's music is great to help your baby fall asleep. One of my all time favorite artists.
- Angel by Sarah McLachlan - One of my favorite female singers. A beautiful tune to play for your little angel.
- Glad to be Unhappy - Chris Botti featuring John Mayer - Chris is one of the greatest jazz musicians ever & his trumpet solo breaks your heart in the best way on this piece with a vintage vocal by GRAMMY award winner John Mayer
- Como Mi Acuerdo (Do You Remember?) by Robi Raco Draso - This sexy Spanish groove holds a special place in my heart as it was the song my husband and I danced to at our wedding
- Fragile by Sting - The spanish guitar on this song transports you to another place and time and Sting is pure musical genius.
- Scarborough Fair by Baby Genius' Precious Moments Lullabies album - a fresh take on the Simon & Garfunkel tune performed by an angelic woman and complete with a beautiful string section.
- Hallelujah by The Canadian Tenors - These guys do a hauntingly beautiful cover of the Jeff Buckley original. They performed at a charity benefit for me in September and are even more incredible LIVE!
- China Roses by Enya - This song transports my son to dreamland
- Pachebel's Canon in D by Pachebel - This is one of the most famous and beautiful pieces of classical music ever written and one of the most popular songs for brides to walk down the aisle to.
As you can see my music taste runs eclectic. I have found that my son loves a wide range of tunes to mellow him out from reggae, R&B, classical, jazz and pop music.
Good luck AND follow her at @TrueheartEvents for more motherhood tips!!
Tags: amy malin, babies, charity, michael jackson, motherhood, music, perezitos, perform, tips, vintage