We bet moms are really excited about this one!
A few months ago, we mentioned that Nickelodeon was introducing a new primetime comedy block that was aimed at moms.
Well, now we're getting more details about the new block, which will be called "NickMom" and what kind of series we can expect to see between the 9 PM and 1 AM slot.
The network picked up 26 episodes of a new comedy series called NickMom Night Out and will air in primetime on Nick Jr.
They also announced that they have more than 50 projects in development that will span across TV and digital outlets. Some include work from stand-up comedian and actress Caroline Rhea and actor and author Annabelle Gurwitch.
"As a 6-year veteran of motherhood, I know the importance of celebrating the funny moments of being a mom, and finding that rare and coveted 'me time.' With NICKMOM, moms everywhere will have a place to go where they can decompress from their busy days with a dose of laugh out loud comedy."
And here's a description of just some of the shows you can look forward to, moms:
- A hybrid sketch/talk series starring and executive produced by comedian and actress Caroline Rhea and Emily Cohen (Title TBD).
- It’s Nighttime with Annabelle Gurwitch – A new breed of talk show that looks at the world through Gurwitch’s unique mom-colored glasses, executive produced by Gurwitch and Elyse Roth (former The Daily Show producer).
- The 5th Hour – A scripted comedy show inspired by morning news shows and hosted by mom comics in the roles of the news team. Executive produced by Mad Cow Productions (Madeleine Smithberg, executive producer The Daily Show with Jon Stewart), Sarah North and Jordan Tilzer (Roar).
- The Judi & Kate Show – A real-life, modern-day Laverne and Shirley, these two mom video bloggers have a lot to say, and the worldwide web is listening. The Judi & Kate Show is a show within a show, going inside their world for their own unique take on motherhood. Executive produced by Coolfire Productions (Welcome to Sweetie Pies).
- Mommy Double – Because every mom wishes she had a twin helper, we bring in a mommy double to get the job done…or at least try to. Executive produced by Magda Liolis and Eileen Braun (Figure It Out, Bet the House).
- Oblivious – A game show contestants don’t know they are on, where unsuspecting moms get the chance to answer trivia for cold hard cash. Executive produced by Scott Stone (Stone and Company, Brain Surge).
- My 63 Moms -Completely uneducated about babies, comic and first-time mom Andrea Rosen turns to moms across the country to tell her everything they think she needs to know, and then some. Executive produced by Linda Schaeffer and Barbara Kanowitz Small, with Andrea Rosen.
- Road Mamas – This docu-series follows three stand-up comedian moms and eight kids in one RV, where they buckle up for a funny, messy ride. Executive produced by Chris Debeic/Triternal Studios.
This is a FIRST for moms! We have a feeling this comedy block will be a huge success with the right demographic. Get ready to sit back and relax and get your laugh on!
LOLz, yeah right. We know you never get to sit back and relax…