Being an actress, she's required to bounce back to her pre-pregnancy body in a short amount of time.
So, how DOES she do it, anyway?
Ali exclusively shares her post-pregger exercise tips that will give you a bangin' body back in time!
"After giving birth and getting some semblance of normalcy back to our lives, most new moms have one goal in our minds: to get out pre-pregnancy bodies back! Granted, we don’t have a lot of spare time to hit the gym, but who needs to when you have the perfect workout buddy right at home? Yes, your new baby may just be the key to helping you get back into shape. My friend and personal trainer Helene Guzman from LA ROX recommended the following moves; they’re great exercise for you and lots of fun for baby:
- To work your legs and core, stand with your feet hip-distance apart, tummy tight and hold Baby facing you. Slowly squat down towards the floor on a slow count of 4, then rise up on a slow count of 4. Do 5 to 15 reps every other day, and remember that the slower you go, the harder your body will work.
- For chest, arms and core put Baby on the floor facing you. Kneel down over him (or her) and put your hands on the floor in line with your shoulders. Slowly move your chest towards the floor going low enough to kiss your baby! Be sure to keep your hips forward and back flat for the correct form. Do 5 to 15 reps every other day, and if eventually it gets too easy you can make it harder by doing it on your toes.
- As for that stubborn belly fat, don’t worry. Helene has a great move that not only shrinks your post-baby tummy fast, but also strengthens your back: planks! There are three variations of this exercise, so you can do whichever one feels most comfortable and eventually build your way up to advanced.
POST-BABY: lie on the floor on your stomach and put your forearms and knees down on the floor. Lift your hips off the floor so that your back is flat while keeping forearms and knees in place. Squeeze your tummy, back and glutes as tight as possible. Hold for 10-30 seconds and repeat 3 times. You can do this exercise every day while baby is napping!
MODERATE: same position with forearms, but now your toes are on the floor. Lift body up again as in post-baby plank and follow the same steps.
ADVANCED: same position as moderate planks. Lift body up and hold one foot off the floor for 10-30 seconds each."
Awesome workout tips! We're sure many moms would be happy to have your bod, Ali!
Celeb Baby Laundry
- Zoe Saldana is 3 Months Pregnant With Her First Child
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Enjoyed A Family Day With Their Sons Kingston, Zuma and Apollo (PHOTOS)
- Jerseylicous Star Tracy DiMarco is Pregnant
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Celebrate Prince George's First Birthday By Releasing New Photos