Home Videos Photos

SAD!! Infant Dies from Herpes Infection He Got From His Rabbi

| Filed under: R.I.P.Sad SadHealth

Infant Dies from Herpes Infection He Got From His Rabbi

SO tragic!

An poor infant boy in NYC passed away after contracting herpes from a rabbi during his circumcision.

The cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.”

The transfer happened during the part of the ceremony where the rabbi "sucks blood from the baby's penis." A practice that many medical experts advise against.

This tragedy has received lots of public attention. Even Mayor Bloomberg has something to say concerning the infant's death. He told reporters:

"There’s probably nobody in public life who fights harder for the separation of church and state than me. But religious liberty simply does not extend to injuring others or putting children at risk. So we’ll continue working with the community and others to prevent more baby boys from suffering these tragic fates."

We agree!

It is TOO terrible that a baby was lost during a celebration of his new life.

We LOVE celebrating faith and respect religious ceremonies, but something has got to change in order to keep newborn sons safe!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.