Being a busy working mom and successful model and actress, Ali Landry knows how difficult it can be traveling with your little ones.
Thankfully, the gorgeous star has given Perezitos.com an EXCLUSIVE list of helpful tips for all you travelin' moms out there!
Here's what Ali has to say:
If you’ve ever traveled with babies and/or toddlers you know it’s no easy task! Just getting them out of the house on time and with everything they need to go to preschool or to grandma’s house is challenging enough, but add to that airports and enough gear for several days and things can get pretty crazy.
With summer coming up, many of you will probably be going on vacation with your little ones and I know how overwhelming it can be to take on the responsibility of making sure you don’t forget ANYTHING. I used to over-pack for fear of leaving something important behind, but fortunately over the years I have developed a better sense of what I need to bring and what is just excess baggage. Also, since Estela is a toddler now she needs fewer things but Marcelo still requires everything but the kitchen sink! Anyway, I’ve managed to narrow down the basics to the following:
• Medicine kit containing everything we need to deal with minor emergencies:
thermometer, Tylenol, probiotics, sunscreen, Band-Aids, etc. I also always make sure
to look up the nearest hospital ahead of time.
• I always try to duplicate Marcelo’s sleeping situation wherever we go since he’s not
a great sleeper to begin with. I bring his Snuggle Nest or a playpen, and a CD player
with his sleep sounds CD. A must!
• Enough diapers for the first 3 days, then I buy the rest when we get there, or else order from Diapers.com ahead of time and have them delivered at our destination.
• Plenty of clothes, bibs and burp cloths – enough for about 3 changes a day.
• Travel strollers for both kids and a Baby Bjorn for Marcelo. I can carry him through the airport, sightsee and even nurse him in the carrier!
• Figure out the car seat situation ahead of time. If you’re renting one, don’t assume
it’s in good condition or it’s not outdated (I learned this the hard way). Find out the
specifics, and if you can’t get what you need then bring your own.
• Finally, a big backpack for the plane so I can keep my hands free and fit everything to keep the children fed and entertained during the flight.
Aaah! So helpful!!
Don't forget to keep up with Ali via Twitter @AliLandry and @SpokesMoms.
And if you want anymore mommyhood tips or have any other parenting questions/ideas, U can always email us at Questions@Perezitos.com!
Tags: ali landry, babys, exclusive, exclusives, tips, traveling