"Hi Theresa. That is a great question as most women don't realize the harmful ingredients and chemicals contained in the makeup they are currently using.
Mineral makeup is made of minerals which are pulverized and sterilized into a powder form. Mineral makeup is free from chemicals that cause inflammation and irritation to the skin and it doesn't contain artificial fragrance, dyes, oils, alcohol or wax. It doesn't matter if you have super-sensitive, oily or dry skin, mineral makeup is great for all skin types.
Here are just some of the benefits to switching to mineral makeup.
* It offers protection from the harmful UV rays of the sun, wind and free radicals.
* You won't get nasty breakouts often cause by non-mineral makeup as it is 100% non-comedogenic
* Bacteria can't grow in mineral makeup which does happen with non-mineral makeup
* Mineral makeup is safe to use on skin with acne.
* Mineral makeup feels lighter on the skin and doesn't "cake" on like regular makeup.
* It also has anti-aging properties to help your skin look young and have a natural beautiful glow.
I love Ferro Cosmetics mineral makeup which has a great product called Blush X3 which you can use as blush, eye shadow, mixed with lip gloss for a beautiful lip color or blend with top coat to make your own nail color. I love a product that you can use in multiple ways. It is eco-chic and you'll save tons of money! Another great mineral makeup line is Larenim Mineral. They have a gorgeous Diamond Girl Glossy Lip Colour made with real diamond powder. Men, take note, this is a cost effective way to ice out your lovely lady!
Make the switch to mineral makeup and your skin will look and feel radiant, plus your body will be free from the toxic chemicals contained in most drug store cosmetic brands."