Are you a new mom worried about bikini season?
Give yourself a break — you just had a figgn baby! No one is goon judge you!
However, if you're making the effort to squeeze into a two-piece this summer, you have something in common with Vanessa from Seattle.
She wrote to our pro party planner, organizer, and all around motherhood expert Amy Malin, asking:
My son is a year old and I still have about 5 pounds of the baby weight left to lose before I feel comfortable to be seen in a bikini. What can I do to safely shed the last few pounds before Summer?
Congrats on your lil cutie! With Summer right around the corner, I get that you want to look hot in your bikini. You have plenty of time to tone up and shed those last few pounds safely before swimsuit season. As always, please consult your doctor when it comes to anything related to your health. Here are some safe and easy things you can do which should help you get your beach body ready in the next few months.
* Watch your salt intake. Foods that are high in salt lead to big time belly bloat. Cut back on salty foods and you can lose about 2-3 pounds of water weight.
* If you have a sweet tooth, you can still enjoy delicious desserts. Just be smart about it. Ditch the ice cream and substitute Divine Dips Ice Creme. This is a vegan alternative that still delivers the creamy goodness of regular ice cream but it has zero cholesterol, it is low in fat and has no processed sugar since it is sweetened with agave.
* Eat your veggies first at every meal. Filling up on healthy and fiber rich vegetables is essential to get the nutrition you need and will also ensure you eat less of everything else on your plate like the meat, fish or pasta which are not nearly as good for you as your veggies.
* Soda is just empty calories that your tummy doesn't need. Swap soda for anti-oxidant rich POM Wonderful Teas. The green and white tea are fantastic for your body and studies show they help you lose weight and they even help fight cancer and heart disease.
* Exercise is essential. You need to get a good sweat! Dance, kickBox, run, play tennis, swim or do whatever activities you love that get your heart rate going and where you are sweating away the calories. Pick a workout buddy so you can motivate each other for that extra push!
These tips work wonders for women and men, so guys you too can safely lose those last few pounds and feel confident in your swimsuit this Summer.
Thanks for the tips amy!
We'll be sure to eat our veggies first
forever for the rest of the week! LOLz!
And for more relationship/parenthood tips, follow Amy at @TrueheartEvents.