Nothing is worse than a rainy day when you're a kid with some free time, right?
And our very own Courtney Barber is here to explain how, and she has some wonderful answers from some actual questions.
Here's what one reader asked:
I am looking for some fun exercises for kids on a rainy day - got any tips?
Hi Zach - great question! Don't let the rain spoil your day with these great fit and fun options:
- Treasure Hunt - make some clues and hide them around the house with a "treasure" located on completion.
- Indoor Ball Games - perfect for a large room or garage. Set up mini games of hand ball, ping pong, indoor bowling (use a soft, squishy ball and some milk bottles).
- Balloon Volleyball - make a net (attach some ribbon across a doorway) and use the balloon as the volleyball. Each player can't let the balloon hit the ground.
- Gym Complex - Head to your local complex or children's fitness centre and use the indoor swimming pool, basketball courts, play equipment etc.
- Ten Pin Bowling - A great option for the whole family.
- Obstacle Course - make your own obstacle course at home with mattresses, chairs, large boxes…anything you can think of! Drape sheets over the top and have your children crawl through the obstacles.
What an amazing assortment of crazily awesome creative ideas.
You go girl!
…Courtney Barber is always here to help! Check out her website HERE or Facebook HERE and follow her on twitter @CourtneyBFit! Email the celebrity fitness and lifestyle consultant your questions at Tips@Perezitos.com!