Home Videos Photos

Tide Pods Make MORE Kids Sick!

| Filed under: Oops!Wacky, Tacky & TrueHealthIcky Icky Diaper Poo

tidedye.jpg

You're killing us! Literally.

Previously, we reported that Tide Pods were a serious health concern for kids, and tons of children were becoming violently sick after eating the brightly colored pods because they were mistaking them for candy.

The hits keep coming.

An estimated 250 cases of health issues have been reported this year of children eating the pods. Scary!!!

Here's what a doctor said about the near epidemic:

"We're not quite sure why it's happening, but we've clearly had some kids who have become much more ill. We look at these pods as being clearly more dangerous than the standard detergent."

Clearly.

Our question remains, why do these things look so much like candy? How can we expect kids not to eat these when some adults might barely tell the difference?

A spokesperson for Tide said they plan to create a new double latch lid on tubs of Tide Pods "in the next couple of weeks."

Thank heavens.

Here's what one doctor said these pods can do to children:

"These pods are quite dangerous if ingested, mainly due to the risk of vomiting which can ultimately lead to aspiration of the product into the lungs with resulting difficulty breathing. The end result can potentially lead to children requiring a ventilator if the reaction to the detergent is severe enough."

So so scary!

PARENTS BEWARE.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.