What should have been an idyllic summer vacation day turned tragic Wednesday for a New York girl in Florida.
Jojo hit her ball into a small artificial pond on the course. She stepped into the shallow water to retrieve it and immediately began screaming.
A nearby man heard Jojo and attempted to rescue the young girl from the pond, but was also shocked by the water. The entire pond was apparently electrified by faulty wiring.
The medical examiner says Jojo died of the electrocution just minutes later in a local hospital.
The resort has been closed pending further investigation.