We talk a lot about how to keep expectant mothers happy and healthy. There are thousands of books devoted to the subject.
But what about AFTER the birth? What do new moms need from their partners?
Celeb dad and hunky hubby Dean McDermott tells us 3 essential things he does for his lovely baby mama Tori Spelling. He says:
1) Foot rub – I think this simple gesture is one of the easiest and most satisfying ways to help your wife de-stress, especially after a long day of running around the house with a baby. Read or watch a tutorial online to really know what you’re doing!
2) Surprise gift – A small, unexpected gift shows that she’s on your mind and you appreciate everything she does. You can get her a bouquet of flowers or make her favorite dessert at the end of dinner. If you go the flower route, take them out of the cellophane wrap, trim the stems, wrap them in some burlap, and tie them up with twine. Next time you're at the hardware store grab some twine, burlap and a pair of scissors and keep it in your car. This small and easy gesture will be huge for your wife. Anybody can buy flowers, a loving husband goes the extra mile.
3) Listen – I know this might seem like a cop-out because it’s so obvious, but it’s surprisingly easy for us guys to tune out everything else and just zoom in on the baby. Make sure that you ask your wife about her day, and when she answers, try to really pay attention to what she’s saying and read in between the lines – it’ll help you discover other ways to make her feel special. If she says she’s been tending to the baby all day and hasn’t had a moment to eat, offer to make or pick up dinner (and get enough so she has leftovers to heat up for the next day). If she says she’s tired, offer to watch the baby and suggest she pampers herself with a bubble bath. There are so many ways to make your wife feel special, you just have to listen!
For more great advice on how to be a better husband and father, be sure to check out The Gourmet Dad!
Celeb Baby Laundry
- Back to School Preparation: Tips For Parents – Getting Your Children Ready For A Good Start
- Alicia Keys Pregnant With Baby Number Two
- Water Sport Fun With Kids: 10 Cool Things Kids Can Do with Pool Noodles
- Doc McStuffins Rakes In Over $500 Million In Sales: Set To Be Best Selling Toy-Line For Disney