This is crazy sad.
There have been 38 number of cases of E. coli infections contracted from the Cleveland County Fair which about 165,000 attend every year. And now a 2-year-old, who attended the fair, has been confirmed dead.
Gage Lafevers of Bessemer City died on Friday. 38 other people have been hospitalized.
E. coli infections are usually harmless, but a small number of people can experience life threatening symptoms.
Health officials have been interviewing people who were at the fair that day, but so far no source of the outbreak has been found.
Here's what the country fair manager said:
"Not much we can say until things are definitely connected and hopefully we can know soon. All we can do is hope and pray for the families."
Out of the 38 people who have been hospitalized, 22 of them have been children.
[Image via Wikimedia Commons.]
Tags: e coli, rip, sad, toddler, tragic