A children's safety equipment manufacturer will recall about 220,000 travel beds because a baby accidentally suffocated after the baby's head was lodged in between the mattress and the tent's side and subsequently suffocated.
That's so incredibly sad - we cannot believe that has happened, and our deepest sympathies to the families for their loss.
Here's what the company's director said:
"This was a product intended for a baby to sleep in. But parents don't realize that because it's not a crib or a bassinette or a play yard, there's no standard, it's not tested to be safe for sleeping."
The recalled product names are the KidCo PeaPod Travel Beds and PeaPod Plus Travel Beds and customers are urged to call 855-847-8600 for any more detailed information.
Lets all make sure something tragic like this never happens again!
Tags: baby, baby blabber, beds, death, died, health, infant travel beds, recall, rip