Julie Bowen's son Oliver recently had an allergic reaction after he was stung by a bee, and the Modern Family actress said she "panicked" like crazy!!
As far as how the sting happened…well, the little squirt was eating peanut butter, the bumble bee was apparently attracted to his treat, stung him, and sent him into anaphylactic shock.
Even though Bowen was overwhelmed with the unfavorable occurrence, she did recall that her baby's face SWELLED UP like a balloon, she said:
"His entire face swelled up, his eye swelled shut and his lips became giant. We took him to the ER, where he was was treated with an EpiPen, and ever since then we've been vigilant about keeping him safe."
Now, Oliver can't go anywhere without his EpiPen auto-injector, which drops a measured dose of Epinephrine that cures the allergic reaction.
We're just happy to hear that Julie got her son's unfortunate happening under control, and we hope that it doesn't happen EVER again!!
[Image via Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.]
Tags: allergic reaction, anaphylactic shock, bee, bee sting, epinephrine, epipen, er, julie bowen, modern family, oliver