We've heard of parents making dumb mistakes when it comes to their kids, but getting your baby drunk??
When an 8-week-old baby was rushed into an El Lay hospital after it stopped breathing, doctors just couldn't figure out what was wrong- until one smelled the alcohol on it!
After tests determined the infant's blood alcohol level to be five times the adult legal driving limit, doctor's asked the child's father about the alcohol.
It was only then that he confessed he may have accidentally gotten gin mixed up with water when making the baby formula.
The baby is stable, but no one is certain yet if there will be permanent effects from the poisoning. Dr. Taylor McCormick says:
"It's certainly possible that he could have a lasting deficit from the alcohol poisoning."
We hope the poor kid doesn't have any permanent brain damage! But we think the father might!
How could you possibly get those two things confused?! Parenting 101: If you have to keep poison in the house, KEEP IT AWAY from the baby food!
[Image via Michael Jastremski/Wikimedia Commons.]
Tags: accident, alcohol poisoning, baby, baby formula, bottle, dad, gin, hospital, infant, mixes, water