Home Videos Photos

An 11 Year Old Cancer Survivor Caught Fire Because Of Hand Sanitizer

| Filed under: Sad SadHealthCancerScary!

At 11 years old, Ireland Lane has been through more than the average person, and that's the case now more than ever before.

Having taken on and survived cancer, it's shocking to hear that she "burst into flames" while recovering in a hospital room. The fire marshal and hospital confirm that it was an extremely unusual circumstance — and the result of a mixture of olive oil, hand sanitizer, and static electricity.

She had been in the hospital because she lost consciousness at school and hit her head, and ended up remaining in the hospital because the accident left her with burns on 20% of her body.

Ireland will now have to undergo multiple skin grafts.

We are just so sick over this! This poor little girl had already been through so much agony — it infuriates us that life would pile on more. We hope you feel better soon, Ireland! You're so strong!!

Watch the report on little Ireland (above)!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

5 comments to “An 11 Year Old Cancer Survivor Caught Fire Because Of Hand Sanitizer”

  1. The Allergista says – reply to this


    1

    This is so heartbreaking…. the propylene glycol (which I'm allergic to among many other things) and alcohol from the hand sanitizer are flammable… coupled with the oil… ugh. The poor thing. What a tragic story…. messed up.

    :-(

  2. eva333 says – reply to this


    2

    I call Munchhausen by Proxy

  3. RainbowBrite says – reply to this


    3

    That is some severe bad luck. Poor baby. Hope she recovers well. :(

  4. QTKittie says – reply to this


    4

    I agree, Munchhausen by Proxy

  5. Calley says – reply to this


    5

    K