At 11 years old, Ireland Lane has been through more than the average person, and that's the case now more than ever before.
Having taken on and survived cancer, it's shocking to hear that she "burst into flames" while recovering in a hospital room. The fire marshal and hospital confirm that it was an extremely unusual circumstance — and the result of a mixture of olive oil, hand sanitizer, and static electricity.
She had been in the hospital because she lost consciousness at school and hit her head, and ended up remaining in the hospital because the accident left her with burns on 20% of her body.
Ireland will now have to undergo multiple skin grafts.
We are just so sick over this! This poor little girl had already been through so much agony — it infuriates us that life would pile on more. We hope you feel better soon, Ireland! You're so strong!!
Watch the report on little Ireland (above)!
Celeb Baby Laundry
- Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman Allow Their Daughters Sunday and Faith To Join Them In Supporting Reba McEntire's “Pray For Peace” Campaign
- Vacation Craft: A Holiday Memory Globe to Preserve Your Precious Vacation Memories
- Kelsey Grammer's Wife Kayte Delivers Healthy Baby Boy
- Molly Sims & Sarah Michelle Gellar Enjoy A Day At The Park With Their Children (Photos)