Tia Mowry-Hardict and Tamera Mowry-Housley have come a long way since their days on Sister Sister, and now that they have their own show, Tia & Tamera on the Style Network, they know a thing or two about parenting.
And to let everyone in on how they handle their fast-paced career while still keeping up with their marriage and kids, they shared a few tips for PEREZ…and other first time parents:
1. Forgive yourself! Things are not always going to be perfect.
2. Sleep when the baby sleeps. If not, you will be a walking zombie!! It's okay to let the dishes pile up.
3. Childproof the house before the baby comes or is when she/he is a newborn. Time flies and you don't want to be bothered with doing it later.
4. Whenever buying baby clothes, always get two sizes up. They grow fast.
5. Time consuming tip: always have a baby bag packed and ready to go! This is always so helpful when leaving the house.
1. Soak up every moment. Be present. Don't be afraid to pass the time smelling your baby’s neck or looking into their eyes. Before you know it, they will be in high-school.
2. It's never too early to read to your child. It stimulates an early bond and helps them began communicating even though they can't speak back.
3. Be kind to yourself and relax. Perfection doesn't exist. You'll get the hang of things.
4. Never look on the Internet to find answers to your concerns regarding your baby. The Internet is not your friend when it comes to this. Always seek your pediatrician first and then ask friends who are parents because the Internet will only scare you. (pediatrician told me this)
5. Introduce YOUR world to the baby, not the other way around — meaning don't stop living or become cooped up inside your house to be baby-centered. Babies love to discover and you'll be thankful in the end.
While Tia is mother to 1-year old Cree and Tamera is mama to 4-month-old Aden, the ladies are gearing up to debut a third season of Tia & Tamera, which is set to air this summer.
We're hoping you enjoyed the starlets' tips, and if you can't get enough of their mothering skillz, make sure you ch-ch-check out their show in a few months!!
[Image via Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.]