This is absolutely heartbreaking.
Sadly, an 8-year-old boy was killed when the mobile-home he was staying in caught fire.
There was no smoke alarm so it was Tyler Doohan who woke six other family members who all got to safety.
Tyler ran back into the fire to help his disabled grandfather, who wouldn't have been able to escape by himself.
The local fire chief said:
"By that time, the fire had traveled to the back of the trailer. Unfortunately they both succumbed to heat and smoke."
Their bodies were found together in the grandfather's bedroom. It looked like they were trying to escape out the window.
Tyler's uncle was also killed in the fire, he was found dead in a front room.
Tyler's mother is obviously devastated but she is proud of her hero son, saying:
"It makes me really proud, it really does, but I just want him back. I'm just so grateful that he went with people that he loved. He didn't go alone."
This is the saddest story ever. Several pets (dogs, cats, hamsters and a rabbit) also died in the fire.
The worst part is all of this could have been prevented if the mobile-home only had a smoke detector.
Everyone should go home and check their smoke detectors and hug their loved ones tight.
Check out a video of the boy's mother talking about everything (below).
[Image via ABC 13.]
Tags: boy, danger, dead, died, family, fire, heartbreak, inspiration, killed, mother, people, sad sad, safety, scary, smoke, son, trailer