Two young students from a school in Brooklyn, New York have been arrested after they allegedly placed RAT POISON in their teacher's water bottle!
The unnamed 9-year-old and 12-year-old, who attend Public School 315, which is located on Glenwood Road in Flatbush, were promptly charged with assault and reckless endangerment.
Luckily for everyone — the teacher who drank from the poisoned water bottle is recovering.
The incident went down this past Monday, and was reported in by a mother whose child saw other students placing the rat poison in the teacher's drink. However by the time that the mom was able to warn school officials — the teacher had already drank from the poisoned water.
The teacher brought the bottle of evidence to the principal before heading off to a doctor's office after experiencing mild nausea.
Police commissioner William. J. Bratton further talked about the “small amount” of rat poison placed in the water bottle, and said:
“My understanding is the 9-year-old wanted to see what the reaction would be. God knows where kids get these ideas.”
That is just awful!
We're glad the teacher is OK though — otherwise this would be a much scarier story!
A spokeswoman for the Education Department said:
“Ensuring the safety of our entire school community is our priority, and while this matter is still under investigation, we will take swift and appropriate action.”
Somehow these kids need to made aware of the seriousness of their actions, and the harm they could've inflicted if that mother and that student didn't speak up!
We have NO idea where they got the idea to do this in the first place though!
Tags: arrested, bottle, brooklyn, crazzzzy, gifs, legal matters, new york, poison, rat, scary, school, students, teacher, two, water