Next time you smell something rancid, it might be your neighbors!
Authorities in Houston, Texas rescued more than 130 cats from a house where two twin sisters in their sixties lived, and were hoarding all of the felines on the planet. Some of the cats had eye and nose problems, and it probably was because the house was covered in cat poop.
Like a shiz load!
Here's what one deputy said:
“You could see the cats through the windows. And it was like they were pleading through the windows, ‘Get me out of this house.’”
It was so bad that animal rescue workers had to don gas masks just to even enter the house!
Here's what the deputy said:
“It’s not just the feces smells, it’s the ammonia levels in here that are just overwhelming,” Kendrick said. “I mean, the second I walked in the front door my eyes were watering. It’s just difficult to breathe in this house.”
The house seemed to be an absolute horror show, everything was covered in cat feces, and many of the animals were in very poor health. There was even a decomposing cat found in a bathroom.
Although many of the cats had been rescued, some were still in the garage where the feces was in mounds that were FOUR FEET HIGH and some cats were embedded in those mounds!
Here's what one man on the scene named J.C. Mosier said:
“There are some cats still in the house. We’re going to have to come back and work a little harder to get them, because they have burrowed into the mounds of feces like a rat would make a tunnel into a hill.”
This is plain awful, and we sincerely hope these cats find a home where they aren't treated like garbage. Houston SPCA officials said they would work very hard to give these cats a home they actually deserve.
We're just amazed that things were able to get SO bad before anyone noticed or called someone.
It seems unbelievable that it got this far!
Check out the horrifying video (below) !!!