How do we get these kids to fly?
No, it's not a song from the Peter Pan musical!
It's the lament of parents everywhere who don't want to be the hated passengers who brought screaming brats on the otherwise lovely flight!
So how do you get your kids to have fun AND behave on an airplane? Check out these tips:
A few weeks ago I flew with my two toddlers across the country all by myself. I was pretty nervous about the trip, but it ended up being OK because I was well prepared. Even though there were a couple tantrums and mishaps along the way, the kids actually had a good time. There were a few things that helped my kids and me endure the four-hour plane ride that may come in handy for you some day.
1. Check in early so you get the best seats. The front row is the best because it has the most leg room.
2. Plan to get to the airport two hours before you depart.
3. Be prepared and remember to stay patient. If you're calm, your kids will be too.
4. Buy new toys from the dollar store.
5. Pack coloring books with crayons in Ziploc bags.
6. Bring a variety of healthy snacks.
7. Divide the books and snacks into small bags so you can pull them out at different times. You can even wrap the toys to make it more fun.
For more tips on how to make air travel with your little ones bearable, check out our friends at LilSugar!
[Image via Pierre LaScott.]