Home Videos Photos Shop
PerezHilton CocoPerez Kim K. Brad Vs Angelina Khloé Demi Lovato PerezTV

All tag results for carbon monoxide

Famed Celebrity Makeup Artist Who Worked With Katy Perry & More Stars Found Dead

Filed under: R.I.P.Sad SadKaty PerryNews

no title

This is so sad.

Jake Bailey, a celebrity makeup artist who worked closely with artists like Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, and Mariah Carey, was found dead on Friday morning from an apparent suicide.

Related: Michael Jackson's Longtime Friend & Doctor Arnold Klein Passes Away

According to law enforcement, Bailey's assistant found him Friday morning at his home in Los Angeles. He had apparently succumbed to

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comments Off

Two Adults, Three Children Dead Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak After A Party In A Small Cabin! You Won't Believe How The Host Survived!

Filed under: Sad SadFamily

carbon monoxide leak kills family

Noooo! This is so unnecessary and sad!

Five people are dead in Elimsport, Pennsylvania after carbon monoxide from a small propane heater leaked into a small cabin, killing 23-year-old Jackqueline Stackhouse, 30-year-old Nathan Reece, and their three-year-old son along with two girls, ages four and nine.

Apparently the mother of the two girls and another woman left at 5a.m. after they’d spent the night partying. The man who hosted the shindig

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comments Off

MTV's Buckwild Star Shain Gandee's Death Likely Caused By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Filed under: TV NewsMTVR.I.P.Sad Sad

shain gandee dead 21 carbon monoxide

Earlier today we found out that Shain Gandee, one of the featured personalities on MTV's reality show Buckwild, had sadly died at the age of 21, but details surrounding the tragic incident were limited.

New reports claim that Shain, his uncle David Gandee, and an unidentified third person had decided to leave a bar in Sissonville around 3am Sunday because they wanted to go off-roading.

The bodies of all three people were found Monday in Shain's wrecked 1984 Bronco, which was stuck in a swampy area a few miles away from Shain's home.

Details seem to suggest that all three may have died after being exposed to carbon monoxide, especially since the car's tailpipe

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / 17 comments

The Miracle Dog Changes Pennsylvania Law

Filed under: Legal MattersInspirationDogAmazing


Everyone's heard of Daniel the Beagle, the miracle dog who survived the gas chamber.

He was put into a gas chamber in an Alabama shelter, gassed, then strolled out, the sole survivor.

After surviving he was taken in by a rescue group, who said:

"When Eleventh Hour offered to take Daniel we felt that he was spared for a reason and we dared to dream that his story would help homeless animals everywhere be treated more humanely."

Inspired by Daniel's miraculous survival, Pennsylvania legislators have banned the use of carbon dioxide chambers as a way to euthanize animals.

The man who adopted Daniel said about the law:

"Today is a victory for thousands of animals in Pennsylvania, but there are more than 30 states that still permit the gas chamber and other inhumane forms of animal euthanasia."

It's amazing that Daniel's survival will actually make the lives of other shelter animals better and their deaths, if unavoidable, more humane.

[Image via WENN.]

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comments Off

Detect Air Pollution On Your Chest!

Filed under: Fashion SmashionTech Talk

This is cool!

Two NYU grad students designed shirts that change color when the air quality is bad.

If pollution from cars, factories, or even second-hand smoke is detected by the carbon monoxide sensor, the micro-controller will send electrical currents through the shirt. The wires then heat up, which change the pink heart or lungs to blue.

Nien Lam explains: "The organs in your body are invisible to you, just like pollution and the other silent killers out there".

Sue Ngo adds: "We wanted to bring up that visualization, bring the inside out. This is a stark reminder for yourself and others around you."

The designing duo hope to wind a way to get their invention mass produced so they can "organize mobs to wear them around the city".

But unlike then, they're moving on to their next project: an alcohol detector.

Wouldn't you like to spend a Friday night with these two?

Check out the shirt in action (and maybe on mute) in the clip (above)!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comments Off

Nadine Coyle And Her Family Lived In Home With Carbon Monoxide Leak!


What on Earth?! We cannot believe this went on for so long!

But then again, you can't smell it! Ugh!

This chills us to the bone!

Nadine Coyle recently revealed that she and her family's health were put at risk due to a deadly carbon monoxide leak in her Los Angeles home's cracked central heating boiler!

Thankfully, due to the house's size and ventilation, the condition didn't worsen, but it was only after four months that the singer's mother called a gas worker that the problem was discovered!

She explains:

"My mouth erupted in blisters. I couldn't sleep or eat or think straight. Everyone got really drowsy and we kept having to go to sleep. We all felt like we had really bad flu. My older sister got so ill we thought she was dying."

That is so scary!

We're glad that the situation was resolved, but for goodness sake, bb!

You are all very lucky to be alive!

[Image via WENN.]

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / 7 comments