Thanks to a lawsuit California filed in November against a North Hollywood-based hair product company, their products proven to emit a potentially cancer-causing gas will be properly labeled to warn consumers of the risk.
GIB LLC produces Brazilian Blowout Acai Smoothing Solution and Brazilian Blowout Professional Smoothing Solution, which were labeled as being free of formaldehyde — a carcinogen that can irritate eyes, skin and lungs.
Fortunately, that's going to change and the company has also has to pay $600,000 in fines for failing to notify consumers and hair stylists of the danger the chemicals in the products pose. Attorney General Kamala Harris said in a statement:
More bad news for the makers of the Brazilian Blowout.
The United States Department of Health and Labor issued a health alert to hair salon owners and employees who have been exposed to formaldehyde, even though the hair straightening product was marketed as formaldehyde-free.
The alert was sparked following investigations by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration in Oregon and California as well as Connecticut Department of Public Health.
OSHA says their alert is merely a recommendation on how workers can protect themselves and will continue investigating the matter with the FDA and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
Remember how we mentioned Oregon's Occupational Safety & Health Administration found formaldehyde in the Brazilian Blowout solution?
The state of California is taking the claims to a whole new level and suing the company that's selling the hair straightening product!
Sued by a whole state? Yikes!
The suit was filed by the state attorney general’s office of Jerry Brown and claims GIB LLC is violating California’s Safe Cosmetics Act by not warning stylists and customers that their product contains formaldehyde.
GIB LLC has tried to place the blame on Cadiveu Brasil, the manufacturers of Brazilian Blowout, but quickly said they haven't sold their products to the company in 6 months.
It's no question Lindsay Lohan and her fiancé Egor Tarabasov have a hit a rough patch these last couple of days. We mean, following the cheating claims and the accusations that the Russian businessman tried to kill theMean Girls actress, we aren't necessarily surprised to learn Egor has been spotted moving his stuff out of LiLo's London home.
On Tuesday, in pictures obtained by DailyMail, the 23-year-old was seen loading various items into a vehicle -- including several suitcases, blazers, and much more. However, we have a feeling this move has something to do with the aggressive texts sent by Lindsay's dad Michael Lohan.
As we previously reported, the controversial celeb confirmed he had reached out to Tarabasov on behalf of his daughter and even hinted that his notes to Lindsay's beau may've been a bit hostile. Still, we didn't realize Mr. Lohan went TOTALLY postal on Egor.