OMG, guys! Summer is almost over!
As humans prepare for the fall by getting bummed out, shopping for the next season and going back to school or work, it's important to help our furry loved ones transition as well!
Here are some tips on how to help your pet beat the "Back to School Blues" from the CEO and Founder of Camp Bow Wow Heidi Ganahl:
1. Durning the summer you (and possibly your kids) have more time to spend with your pet. Before the school season begins, provide your pets with some “alone time” by separating your kids from your pet for a while each day.
2. Give him/her a blanket or t-shirt that has your scent on it. The familiar smell may calm him down, while giving him something to cuddle while everyone is gone. (AW!!)
3. Leave some interactive toys for your pet to play with while you’re away.
4. Ask your kids to spend some quality time with their pet when they return home from school.
5. If you are going to be out of the house for many hours, bring your dog to a nearby Camp Bow Wow location, OR If you prefer to keep your dog at home, hire a Home Buddies Caregiver to spend time with your pup