Mark Salling will not be charged in the recent rape case due to "insufficient evidence."
As we reported earlier, the Glee alum was being investigated for allegedly raping a woman — only a handful of months after the musician was indicted on child pornography charges. Sigh.
Reportedly, a now-22-year-old woman claims the alleged assault took place about four years ago when she and Mark had been dating. She claimed the twosome had entered a room to have sex when the victim says she changed her mind and told Salling "I can't do this." Allegedly, that's when the 34-year-old refused to stop and forced himself onto her. The unnamed girl says the two engaged in consensual sex the next morning.
Related: Naya Rivera Wasn't Surprised By Mark's Child Porn Arrest
It was announced on Monday that Salling won't be charged after the L.A. County District Attorney reviewed the case and found "insufficient evidence, lack of corroboration, and a four year delay in reporting the alleged crime," according to TMZ.
The D.A. says the case may be reopened in the future if more evidence comes to light.
What do U think of all this, Perezcious readers?? SOUND OFF in the comments!
[Image via Cousart/JFXimages/WENN.]
Tags: glee, icky icky poo, legal matters, mark salling, rape, rape allegations, sex