Check em out (below)!
– 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
– 1 small avocado, cubed
– 2 large cloves garlic, minced
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a blender or food processor, puree the green beans, avocado, garlic and lemon juice until very smooth. Stir in the peppers and cilantro.
Guilt-Free Buffalo Wings
– 1 pound chicken tenders add to shopping list
– ground black pepper
– 1/3 cup prepared Buffalo wing sauce
– 4 ribs celery, cut into sticks
– 4 carrots, cut into sticks
– 2 kirby cucumbers, cut into spears
– 1/3 cup fat-free ranch dressing
1. Season the chicken tenders to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Coat a ridged grill pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat, or heat an electric countertop griller. Grill the chicken, turning once, about 4 minutes, or until browned and no longer pink in the thickest part. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the Buffalo sauce.
3. Place the chicken on a platter with the celery, carrots, cucumbers, and the ranch dressing for dipping. Serve with a good supply of wooden picks.
– 4 sheets low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
– 1 cup quick-cooking oats
– 1/2 cup applesauce
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 can (20 ounces) no-sugar-added apple fruit filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, oats, applesauce, and cinnamon. Mix well.
2. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture. Pour the rest into a 9" x 11/2" nonstick pie pan. Use the back of a spoon to press it evenly into and along the sides of the pan to form a crust.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Pour the fruit filling into the crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the reserved 1 tablespoon crumb mixture over the top of the pie. Raise the oven temperature to broil. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until golden brown.
6.Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
1.5 oz lime-flavored vodka
1.5 oz light lemonade
1.5 oz tonic water
Juice of 1/4 lime
Fill a tall Collins glass with ice. Pour the first three ingredients over the ice. Squeeze the lime juice over the top and stir. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
[Image via AP Images.]
Tags: cocktail, guacamole, healthy, super bowl