The Dog Whisper has 6 simple tips to help you be a pro dog walker!
1. Your dog should be beside or behind you during the walk. Show him you're the leader of the pack.
2. Use a short dog leash. A short leash attached at the top of the neck helps you communicate, guide, and correct your dog.
3. Plan your walks. Set aside time (30 minutes to a hour) every day. It's better for you, and your pup to take a morning walk to help start off your day!
4. Give your dog exploration time. It's good to reward you dog with time to look around and relieve himself. Be sure YOU are the one that decides when the break is over.
5. When you get home, don't stop leading. Have your dog wait patiently while you put away his leash or take off your shoes.
6. Don't share food or water. When you're done with your walk reward him with a meal to show him you have to work for it!
[Image via WENN.]