A story is currently making its way around the Internet about a Kentucky woman who had to undergo hand surgery after wearing a hair tie on her wrist for too long.
Audree Kopp was busy moving into her new home in Louisville two weeks ago when she noticed a bump on her wrist getting bigger — and eventually turning into a full-on large abscess!
And it turns out the infection was caused by bacteria on the hair tie she wore around her wrist!
While the woman was able to get surgery and is already healing from her three infections, people started freaking out because keeping hair ties on your arm in case you ever need them is a fairly common practice… but luckily, we're here to ease your fears!
While Audree's story is 100 percent true and quite terrifying, the chances of the same thing happening to you are quite slim.
For one thing, the