A hotel owner was totally freaked after finding a rabbit in one of her guesthouse.
Patricia O'Donnell, went into the house to water some plants and found a bunny, equipped with food and a bloody foot, hanging in the shower unit. She explains:
"I thought I'd better go and water the window boxes, but when I got to their door there was a 'do not disturb' notice on the handle. That was odd because they'd only been there a short time, so I got the jug of water, went into the bathroom and almost died when I saw this rabbit. I got such a fright the water went all over me."
Seeing the crappy conditions of the bunny, O'Donnell called animal services. When the officers arrived with a small cage so did the family renting the house. We imagine that was kinda awkward. According to the owner:
"The mother said that most guesthouses allow animals. Maybe we'd allow dogs or cats but not for somebody to keep a rabbit in the bathroom."
The Telegraph reports that O'Donnell asked the trio to leave the seven-room guest house, which they did with minimum fuss. She says it took her most of the next day to clean up the mess.
So just as an FYI to all you rabbit owners: don't travel with your pet.
[image via the telegraph]
Tags: bunny, horrible, horrible pet owner of the week, owner, rabbit, srsly, wtf