What an uplifting story!
A family in Mesquite, Nevada, got more than they bargained for when they gave their young son a Jawbreaker over the weekend.
That's because 3-year-old Damian Valencia began choking while sucking on the hard candy!
When the boy's mother, Mariana Cardiel, noticed her son falling out of consciousness, she ran him to the closest building she could find — a Green Valley Grocery store.
The cashier immediately called 911, but luckily for the family, Quinn Averett, an off-duty police officer, was just feet away from the store when the call came in.
He rushed in and began a reverse Heimlich maneuver! The footage was caught on the store's surveillance camera AND Quinn's police body cam. That's right, these cameras caught the officer SAVING a life.
Ch-ch-check out the dramatic video (below)!!!