Mindy McCready committed suicide on Sunday with a self-inflicted gunshot, and after learning that prescription drugs and alcohol were found in her system at the time of her death — she's also the fifth person to pass that appeared on VH1's Celebrity Rehab within the last two years.
The show ran from 2008 to 2011, and had a total a five seasons.
Referencing McCready's death, the show's former host, Dr. Drew Pinksy said:
Tags: celebrity rehab, dr drew pinksy, jeff conaway, joey kovar, mike starr, mindy mccready, rodney king, vh1
As we discussed yesterday, another life has been lost too soon…
While one friend reveals the reality star had sent suicidal texts in the weeks leading up to his death, law enforcement sources reportedly believe Joey Kovar's death was due to a lethal cocktail of Viagra, cocaine, and alcohol.
Apparently, the Real World: Hollywood star was already high on coke when he knocked on Stacey Achterhof's door Thursday night. He was said to be wondering if she could drive him elsewhere to get some more cocaine.
Stacey refused but let him into her home. With cocaine and alcohol already in his system (allegedly), Joey then popped some Viagra and proceeded to
Tags: alcohol, cocaine, cocktail, death, drugs, joey kovar, overdose
There is no official explanation for the death of Real World: Hollywood star Joey Kovar, but family members fear it was some kind of drug overdose.
A close friend, on the other hand, believes his death was more like a suicide or the dangerous effects of mixing prescription medications.
Jared Degado calls his friend's death "a shock, but not a surprise" because he had been receiving "suicidal text messages" from the Celebrity Rehab participant. He gave his insight in a recent interview during which he explained:
Tags: cocaine, daughter, death, drugs, family, friends, joey kovar, pills, prescriptions, real world hollywood, sad
Joey Kovar, a cast member on Real World: Hollywood and Celebrity Rehab, has been found dead at a friend's home near Chicago.
Although his family members suspect drugs were the cause of the 29-year-olds untimely demise, we really have no idea what the official cause is at this point.
He has been battling addiction for most of his adult life and even left the MTV reality show to enter rehab halfway through the season.
Such a shame he could never quite find the help he needed, but may he rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family!
Tags: celebrity rehab, dead, drugs, hollywood, joey kovar, overdose, real world, sad