The Christmas Day fire that destroyed ad executive Madonna Badger's home and left her three children and parents dead was simply a "tragic accident" according to Stamford Mayor Michael Pavia.
Pavia said an initial investigation found the blaze was fireplace-related, but wouldn't go into specifics. Other reports say officials believe the fire may be the cause of improperly disposed of ashes from the yule log burned on Christmas Eve. One source close to the investigation adds:
"Someone dumped the ashes outside without making sure they were fully put out. Then the wind picked them up and blew them onto the house."
Stamford Fire Chief Antonio Conte also released details about where the bodies were located
Tags: antonio conte, christmas day fire, connecticut, fire, fireplace, grace badger, lily badger, lomer johnson, madonna badger, michael pavia, pauline johnson, sarah badger
/ Comments Off
This is so, so, so sad!
Advertising executive Madonna Badger, the woman behind Mark Wahlberg's iconic Calvin Klein ad, tragically lost her children and parents after her Connecticut home caught fire early Christmas morning.
The blaze spread so quickly that by the time firefighters arrived they were unable to reach Badger's 10-year-old daughter, Lily, 7-year-old twins, Sarah and Grace or her parents Lomer and Pauline Johnson on the second floor.
Madonna and her friend Michael Borcina were the only ones to survive the fire, which is currently under investigation by Stamford fire officials.
Such a tragedy!
Our thoughts go out to Madonna and her family during this extremely difficult time.
Tags: christmas day, christmas day fire, fire, grace badger, lily badger, lomer johnson, madonna badger, michael borcina, pauline johnson, sarah badger, tragedy
/ Comments Off