Home Videos Photos
PerezHilton CocoPerez Kanye Taylor Swift Kim K. Feuds PerezTV

All tag results for los angeles superior court

Suge Knight & Katt Williams Are Expected To Go To Trial Over Robbery Charges

Filed under: Legal MattersBusted!

Suge & Katt will go to court.

It looks like Suge Knight and Katt Williams are headed to court.

Last year, the two allegedly stole photographer Leslie Ridden's camera, and now they're being ordered to stand trial for the robbery case.

During a preliminary hearing on Tuesday at Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Ronald Coen said that there's evidence to back up the charges.

He also said that Leslie's other claim against Suge — that the 50-year-old threatened her before swiping her equipment — could also stand up.

However, lawyers for the comedian and the music exec say that their clients were only trying to keep the photog from snapping shots of the record producer's child.

The Compton native's attorney, Thomas Mesereau, denied all the accusations, including the hit-and-run murder charge Suge is currently facing that has nothing to do with this particular case:

"[Suge] never robbed anyone, and he never murdered anyone. He is completely innocent. He never touched this woman, he never ran after her, he didn't assault her. It's a ridiculous case and he will be acquitted."

Not only is Thomas adamant that the former Death Row Records CEO is innocent, he actually seemed to throw Katt under the bus, saying that the actor and another member of their entourage "struggled" with Leslie, while Suge just wasn't involved.

He added:

"But because Suge Knight was there, and because he was concerned about his son, they charged him with a felony."

The 44-year-old's attorney admitted that Katt did take the camera, but from another woman who had already snatched it from the photographer.

During this week's hearing, Leslie claimed that she was injured in the altercation, explaining:

"There's a rip in my wrist. I'm ambidextrous, but my hands don't work."

She also alleges she had a concussion.

Suge and Katt have both pleaded not guilty to the charges, and are expected to be arraigned on October 27. The Black Kapital Records founder is still behind bars for his hit-and-run case.

[Image via Judy Eddy/Winston Burris/WENN.]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here / Email this  »

Katy Perry Might Not Be Able To Buy That Convent Right Now — But She Could Rent It! Deets HERE!

Can Katy Perry still kind of keep the convent?

An LA judge may have made a ruling in the Katy Perry convent drama, but the fight is far from over!

On Thursday, Judge James C. Chalfant declared that the nuns of the Immaculate Heart of Mary made an invalid sale when they allowed developer Dana Hollister to purchase a Los Feliz convent.

[ Related: Katy Performs For The First Time Since Splitting From John Mayer ]

The singer had also been vying for the holy building, and was the archbishop's preferred buyer. However, a group of nuns went ahead and sold the property to Dana, who offered $15.5 million, as opposed to KP's offer of $14.5 million.

Since Miz Hollister had already registered a deed for the convent, the archbishop had to press pause on the pop princess' purchase.

Now, the whole ordeal is involved in so much litigation that the judge says it could take months, or even years, to finally settle the case. He told the archbishop's lawyers:

"You're not selling to Katy Perry anytime soon."

However, the 30-year-old's lawyers pressed to kick Dana out of the building so Katy can rent it while everything is being sorted out.

But, the judge decided to present an option that would allow both Dana AND Miz Perry to duke it out to determine who would rent the property for the time being, saying:

"We'll have a battle of potential lessees."

Even though he said the sale was invalid, Mr. Chalfant has set up an additional hearing for September 15 to determine whether or not Dana will be able to keep the convent.

What do U think of all this Holy drama, Perezcious readers?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comments Off / Email this  »

Princess Bride Star Cary Elwes Sued For Deadbeat Borrowing!

Filed under: Legal MattersBusiness Blitz

cary-elwes-lawsuit-credit-card-debt-wells-fargo-robin-hood-men-in-tights-princess-bride

We've heard of Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor, but borrowing from the creditors to buy antique furniture is news to us!!

OK, so we don't know precisely how aging actor Cary Elwes racked up almost $40K in credit card debt, but online antiquing is as good a guess as any!

Wells Fargo asked Cary to begin repaying the years-old debt back in 2010, but, according to the paperwork filed in an El Lay Superior court, he only forked over two-thousand before going rogue once again.

It's a sad irony that the man made famous by repeating his catch phrase "as you wish" in the cult-classic Princess Bride is being sued after failing to comply with a credit card company's reasonable demands.

An early court hearing is scheduled for March of next year.

[Image via Starbucks/WENN.]

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / 2 comments / Email this  »

Sharon Osbourne Vs. Rock Of Love Gal: Ot's Going To Court!

sharon osbourne vs megan hauserman

Way back in March 2009, we learned that Rock of Love Charm School contestant Megan Hauserman was planning on filing a lawsuit against Sharon Osbourne for battery, negligence, and infliction of emotional distress.

Now, jury selection has begun for the trial, and Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Abraham A. Khan has tried to convince both parties to settle, but to no avail.

Hauserman's lawyer Roderick L. Lindblom says he plans to show the jury video footage from Charm School as evidence.

Here's what he had to say about it:

"You watch this tape, it's pretty horrific. I want to put on evidence and ask a jury to award money."

At this point, it looks like Team Hauserman will be dropping the infliction of emotional distress claim, but they still have every intention of pushing forward with the battery and negligence claims.

Hauserman is claiming that Sharon "hit her, pulled her hair and scratched her," following their insult fest. Osbourne is countersuing because she claims Megan "assumed the risk of injury" by taking part in the show, and that she "breached her part of the agreement by suing."

In her countersuit, Osbourne says that she believes Megan Hauserman started the incident in order to get publicity.

We agree.

…Team Osbourne or Team Hauserman?

[Images via WENN.]

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / 43 comments / Email this  »

It's Official! Eva Longoria Files For Divorce

Filed under: Eva LongoriaLove LineSad Sad

eva longoria files for divorce

After a rollercoaster-like couple of days, the ride has come to an end.

Eva Longoria has filed divorce papers in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Still no definitive word on the reason for their divorce, but it seems pretty clear that it's a result of Tony's infidelity.

We're sad to hear all of this, but if Tony was being unfaithful, then it's certainly for the best.

Guess it goes to show that this can happen to anyone! We had a good feeling about this couple too!

We send our best wishes to Eva, in what we're sure must be a very difficult time.

Are U surprised by this announcement? Or did U see this one coming?

[Image via WENN.]

Tags: , , , ,

Permalink / 64 comments / Email this  »