The Christmas Day fire that destroyed ad executive Madonna Badger's home and left her three children and parents dead was simply a "tragic accident" according to Stamford Mayor Michael Pavia.
Pavia said an initial investigation found the blaze was fireplace-related, but wouldn't go into specifics. Other reports say officials believe the fire may be the cause of improperly disposed of ashes from the yule log burned on Christmas Eve. One source close to the investigation adds:
"Someone dumped the ashes outside without making sure they were fully put out. Then the wind picked them up and blew them onto the house."
Stamford Fire Chief Antonio Conte also released details about where the bodies were located