Terry Richardson is a well-known photographer in the fashion industry for two main reasons: 1. His A-list celebrity clientele, and 2. His EXTREMELY questionable methods.
In case you don’t know what those questionable methods are, you can read all about them HERE.
Or you can just read what two models who’ve worked with him had to say, and know that many other models have gone through similar experiences with Terry!
Models Sara Ziff and Alise Shoemaker recently opened up about Uncle Terr’s reputation, saying:
Tags: alise shoemaker, celebrity photographer, fashion smashion, gifs, icky icky poo, model alliance, sad sad, sara ziff, sex, sexual harassment, terry richardson
Former model and Model Alliance founder Sara Ziff is once again revealing the dark side of modeling and thanks to a new survey, she has proof!
The results came after Ziff and former model Jenna Sauers sent a survey to 241 girls and even though only 85 returned it, their answers were more than troubling:
- 68.3% of models suffer from anxiety or depression
- 76.5% have been exposed to drugs or alcohol on the job
- 29.7% of models have been touched inappropriately on the job
- 28% have been pressured to have sex with someone on the job
- Of those who’ve experienced sexual harassment, only 29.1% felt they could tell their agencies, which might be because they lack the confidence that comes with adulthood, since:
- 54.7% begin working between the ages of 13 and 16
The average age of the respondents was 26, which means that they skewed towards older and more experienced women.
Still, this is totally ridiculous!
The industry needs to he some serious reform, and soon!
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: alcohol, drugs, inappropriate, jenna, model alliance, models, sad, sara ziff, sexual harassment