On Friday, a 2-year-old golden retriever died after a routine grooming at Petco in Chesterfield County, Virginia.
When Allison Marks didn't hear back from the store a few hours after she dropped off her dog Colby, she grew worried.
The pet owner called the store and was told to meet Petco's assistant manager at a nearby animal hospital. When she got there, she found out that Colby had died during his grooming after accidentally being left in the store's drying cage for too long.
[ Related: Killer Whale Bites A Paddleboarder's Board & He Caught It On Camera! ]
The dog most likely died of heat stroke, because his internal body temperature was about 105° — hours after he died.
Marks was especially taken back by the reason the animal had been unattended for so long. She said:
Tags: allison marks, animals, business blitz, dog, golden retriever, hospital, petco, r.i.p., routine, sad sad, tragedy, viral: animals