Dog Tragically Dies After Being Left In A Drying Cage At Petco — Find Out Where The Groomer Was HERE
On Friday, a 2-year-old golden retriever died after a routine grooming at Petco in Chesterfield County, Virginia.
When Allison Marks didn't hear back from the store a few hours after she dropped off her dog Colby, she grew worried.
The pet owner called the store and was told to meet Petco's assistant manager at a nearby animal hospital. When she got there, she found out that Colby had died during his grooming after accidentally being left in the store's drying cage for too long.
The dog most likely died of heat stroke, because his internal body temperature was about 105° — hours after he died.
Marks was especially taken back by the reason the animal had been unattended for so long. She said: