Home Videos Photos Shop
PerezHilton CocoPerez Kevin Hart Kim K. O.J. Beyoncé PerezTV

All tag results for safety

New Details — And Unanswered Questions — Emerge In Investigation Of The Walking Dead Stuntman's Death

Filed under: TV NewsLegal MattersR.I.P.Sad SadSafetyThe Walking Dead

no title

How does a routine fall lead to the death of an experienced stuntman?

That's what Georgia police are investigating after the tragic death of stunt performer John Bernecker, who died on July 12 after plummeting headfirst from a 22-foot balcony on the set of The Walking Dead.

Capt. John Kennedy has been assigned the case through the Coweta County Sheriff's Office, which has been instructed to "freeze" all provision of investigation materials to the media amid the probe.

Local law enforcement ran into trouble right after the incident. Officials failed to interview stunt coordinator Monty L. Simons on the scene as most crewmembers had been instructed to leave within minutes of the accident.

Photo: Ryan Phillippe In Hospital After 'Freak Accident'!

Responding officer Deputy Sheriff J.P. Traylor was also unable to interview TWD's first assistant director on the episode, the person who generally is responsible for set safety.

Instead, Traylor was able to speak with only two of those present: second assistant director Matthew Goodwin and actor Austin Amelio, who was also on the balcony during the fall.

Bernecker's girlfriend Jennifer Cocker, a fellow stunt performer, has questioned Amelio's presence on the balcony, noting it was the wrong move to "put a super professional stuntman with an inexperienced actor who doesn't know what he's doing."

But bigger issues are still being called into question, like why set photos show a balcony without any

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here

Chris Harrison Breaks His Silence Following Bachelor In Paradise Scandal

Filed under: TV NewsViolenceSexSafetyReality TVThe Bachelor/ette

no title

The father of Bachelor Nation has finally spoken.

In a statement to Good Morning America on Tuesday, Chris Harrison broke his silence after allegations of sexual misconduct abruptly ended filming for season four of Bachelor In Paradise last week.

To catch you up, the incident involved contestant DeMario Jackson reportedly being filmed in a sexual encounter with Corinne Olympios, who may have been too drunk to give consent. To make matters worse, it's said production did nothing to stop it.

Related: BIP Cast Weighs In On The Show's Suspension

In response to the internal investigation, the longtime TV host told ABC:

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here

Ashley Graham Opens Up For The First Time About Being Sexually Harassed On Set When She Was 17

Ashley Graham

Ashley Graham is sharing her story.

After working for 17 years in the industry, the 29-year-old has skyrocketed to fame as one of the most-notable curvy models.

In her July cover story for Glamour magazine, the Nebraska native shines some light on the toughest parts of her career — like when she was sexually harassed on set when she was a teenager.

Related: Ashley Goes Completely Naked For V Magazine

Speaking to her friend and fellow plus-size model, Lauren Chan, Ashley remembered:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here

Gigi & Bella Hadid's Daddio Pleads No Contest To Those Bel Air Mega-Mansion Construction Violations

Mohamed Hadid

Those mega-mansion construction violations are still haunting Mohamed Hadid.

As of Tuesday, Gigi and Bella Hadid's poppa has plead "no contest" via his attorney Robert Shapiro to ignoring multiple construction violations for his 30,000-square-foot mansion, nicknamed "Starship Enterprise," in Bel Air.

The three charges include erecting a structure other than what was permitted, failing to make the building conform to code, and failing to comply with an order issued by the Department of Building and Safety.

Womp womp.

Related: Mohamed Goes Into Poppa Bear Mode!

L.A. City Attorney Mike Feuer said in a statement:

"These were serious violations. It was essential to hold the defendant accountable for committing them. We have building and safety rules for a reason, and no one is above the law. At the sentencing hearing we'll make our case for strong and appropriate sanctions."

According to records, several of the home's fancy amenities went unapproved including bedrooms, decks, an IMAX theater, and "an entire story…created below basement level."

Wow!

Some critics want the entire structure torn down, but it's hard to say if that will actually happen.

Hadid is due in court June 27.

[Image via FayesVision/WENN.]

Tags: , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here

Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Mariah Carey, & Backstreet Boys Plan To Go Ahead With Las Vegas Concerts Despite ISIS Threat

no title

Scary times.

In case you missed it, a recent ISIS propaganda video showed the Las Vegas strip as a possible target for a "lone wolf" terrorist attack.

We're hearing that despite the possible threat, Sin City performers — like Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Mariah Carey, and the Backstreet Boys — intend to go on with their shows as scheduled.

Related: Ariana's Dangerous Woman Tour Suspended

TMZ reports security for these events will be amped up in response to the video and Monday's attack after Ariana Grande's performance in Manchester.

A source at The Colosseum at Caesars said oncertgoers who are afraid to attend will "likely" get refunds for their purchased tickets. Planet Hollywood didn't comment on refunds at this time.

Praying for peace.

[Image via Judy Eddy/Patricia Schlein/DJDM/WENN.]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here

Kris Jenner Gets Three-Year Restraining Order Against Former Security Guard Joshua Jacobs

Filed under: Legal MattersKris JennerScary!Safety

no title

What a relief for Kris Jenner.

As we reported, the Kardashian matriarch's fired security guard Joshua Jacobs was arrested earlier this month for felony stalking after breaking into the momager's gated community for the THIRD TIME to get at the 61-year-old!

Related: Ariana Grande Returns To The States

Now, Jacobs has been ordered by a judge to stay away (100 yards, to be exact) from the reality star and her family for three years. He remains in police custody with bail set at $150,000, and will face felony charges at a later date.

The famous family's legal rep, Shawn Holley, said to the press in court on Wednesday:

"The Jenner and Kardashian families take their safety very seriously and will vigorously pursue all remedies available to them—both in criminal and civil court—to ensure that they are protected."

Considering everything that's gone down in the past year, that absolutely makes sense!

Tags: , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here

Katy Perry, Lorde, & Countless Others Vow To Perform At BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Following The Tragedy At Ariana Grande's Concert

Filed under: Music MinuteR.I.P.Sad SadKaty PerryLana Del ReySafetyLordeNewsAriana GrandeShawn Mendes

katy lorde performing bbc radio 1 festival

Going on with the show.

In the wake of the horrifying bombing at Ariana Grande's concert this week, many fans expected that the A-listers slated to perform at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend would drop out of the event. However, it seems as though Katy Perry, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Shawn Mendes, and several others are refusing to let terrorists ruin the British music festival as they all still plan to perform this weekend.

Related: Katy Spills Even MORE Deets About The Taylor Beef

Color us impressed! Nonetheless, the hitmakers' respective teams are

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Permalink / Comment Here