We're not sure if there is a such thing as "healthy amusement park food", but here are the 5 most unhealthy snacks you can pay way too much for in between the tilt-a-whirl and the ferris wheel.
1. Funnel cakes are 750 calories and 40 grams of fat. Tastes great in your mouth, but is awful for your body. If you can't skip this amusement park staple, do your gut a favor and split it with a friend. Or two. Or three.
2. Those giant turkey legs sure taste great too, but that doesn't change that fact that they're GIANT turkey legs. Each one of these hunks of meat that makes us feel like we just got take-out from King Arthur's castle has over 1000 calories and a day's worth of fat!
3. Mmmm, chili cheese fries…are so disgustingly bad for you for a variety of reasons that include, but are not limited to the cheese, french fries, and chili (sometimes they get the bacon, sour cream, and side of dipping sauce treatment too).
As much as we'd like to pretend we'll work these off at the gym tomorrow, we can't because there are just way to many calories from fat lurking in every layer of condiment.
4. Deep-fried deserts are just like regular deserts…if you add a crap ton more useless calories! Brownies, ice cream, and Oreo cookies are already a guilty pleasure, but amusement parks have found a way to make them even guiltier by dunking them in grease for a deep-fried flavor. One deep-fried Oreo, for example, has over 150 calories and 10 grams of fat. For one. Frickin'. Cookie.
5. If you've ever seen Adventureland, Bill Hader warns Jesse Eisenberg not to eat the corn dogs. You know why? Because you should never eat the corn dogs!
Much like the previous deep-fried offender, hot dogs aren't great for you to begin with, but don't get any better once you add the "corn". A regular-size corn dog can run over twenty grams of fat and pack over one thousand milligrams of sodium.
So there ya go! Those are the top 5 foods to avoid next time you take your family to Six Flags, Disney, or even the traveling carnival that sets up camp a couple blocks from your house. Knowledge is power, people!