Have you been lied to?? Find out here! The TRUTH exists! LOLz!!
1) High protein diets damage the kidney
- In healthy individuals, there is no evidence of this whatsoever. The Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academies of Science verifies this. Ironically, the opposite (low protein diets) have been shown to reduce optimal kidney functioning. Individuals with renal or kidney failure however, should stray from high protein diets.
2) Dietary cholesterol will increase blood cholesterol levels
- There is mounting evidence that suggests that saturated fat influences blood cholesterol more than dietary cholesterol. Hence, eggs aren’t as bad for you as we once thought.
3) Heating protein will reduce its quality
- Whether you cook it, microwave it, heat it on the stove – it doesn’t matter which method you use, you aren’t losing amino acids. Heating it will denature the amino acids into peptides, but your stomach does that anyway (or will) when you eat protein through the use of digestive enzymes and gastric juices like hydrochloric acid, so no worries.