It looks like Suge Knight and Katt Williams are headed to court.
Last year, the two allegedly stole photographer Leslie Ridden's camera, and now they're being ordered to stand trial for the robbery case.
During a preliminary hearing on Tuesday at Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Ronald Coen said that there's evidence to back up the charges.
He also said that Leslie's other claim against Suge — that the 50-year-old threatened her before swiping her equipment — could also stand up.
However, lawyers for the comedian and the music exec say that their clients were only trying to keep the photog from snapping shots of the record producer's child.
"[Suge] never robbed anyone, and he never murdered anyone. He is completely innocent. He never touched this woman, he never ran after her, he didn't assault her. It's a ridiculous case and he will be acquitted."
Not only is Thomas adamant that the former Death Row Records CEO is innocent, he actually seemed to throw Katt under the bus, saying that the actor and another member of their entourage "struggled" with Leslie, while Suge just wasn't involved.
"But because Suge Knight was there, and because he was concerned about his son, they charged him with a felony."
The 44-year-old's attorney admitted that Katt did take the camera, but from another woman who had already snatched it from the photographer.
During this week's hearing, Leslie claimed that she was injured in the altercation, explaining:
"There's a rip in my wrist. I'm ambidextrous, but my hands don't work."
She also alleges she had a concussion.
Suge and Katt have both pleaded not guilty to the charges, and are expected to be arraigned on October 27. The Black Kapital Records founder is still behind bars for his hit-and-run case.
[Image via Judy Eddy/Winston Burris/WENN.]