Organizing expert John Trosko has some really great tips for getting your house in order when it comes to your dog's belongings.
You'd be surprised to see how much stuff you really have for your dog, from leashes and collars, to toys, to medical records, there a lot of clutter that can easily spread out across your whole home.
So if you follow John's easy tips, you can live a clutter free life, and so can your pooch!
He recommends you:
- Dedicate space in a low profile basket for play toys
- Install a wall hook or place a basket to hold leashes and lint brushes
- Store vaccination and immunization records in a binder
- Note future teeth cleanings, grooming and yearly check-ups in a calendar
- Place food in airtight plastic or glass containers for freshness
- Repurpose a cleaning caddy and make hauling shampoo and everyday groomers easy
- Store supplements and medicines in a cool dry place (not in bright sunlight)
- Set up an adhesive note system on the fridge so others know pets are walked and/or fed
- Save yourself time by purchasing a self filling water bowl
So along with following those easy tips, John also said:
"It’s amazing how much we can accumulate for our pets. Set up a pet “boutique” in an extra cabinet or closet to accumulate pet sitting instructions, extra pet beds and collars, puddle pads, doggie bags and dog-wear, brushes, tennis balls, bowls and mats, fleece blankets and towels for bath day.
Review what you have and donate what you don’t need any more or have not used in the past 6-months. Your local shelter will be thrilled to take donations."
So clean up your house, keep your dog safe and help needy dogs? What could be better?
If you'd like to get organized in your everyday life, you should check out John's blog HERE.
[Image via FayesVision/WENN.]
Tags: dog, health, leashes, medical records, organization, supplies, toys