We didn't think there was anything scarier about this fast food chain than it's mascot or calorie count, but it turns out there is and it has been hiding in the bathroom.
An 80-year-old woman has tragically died after being exposed to toxic fumes at a Georgia McDonald's restaurant. Authorities suspect cleaning chemicals in the restroom may be to blame, but have yet to pinpoint a specific cause.
Two customers were found unconscious in the bathroom and a total of 10 had to go to nearby hospitals after having trouble breathing from the exposure.
The restaurant has since been deemed "safe" by authorities and reopened, while offering a statement reading:
"The safety of our customers and employees is always a priority. We wish everyone involved a speedy recovery."
Clearly safety isn't that important if they're using DEADLY chemicals to clean! Ugh!
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by McDonald's negligence.