Yes, we all know that we must drink more water! However, for most of us it can be a difficult task to accomplish, especially when our diets are overrun with sugary sodas, energy drinks and endless cups of coffee!
Water can dramatically improve both our mind and body functioning and has the following benefits:
- Suppresses your appetite
- Eliminates toxins
- Increases metabolism
- Hydrates your skin
- Clears your complexion
- Relieves fluid retention
So how do we incorporate more water into our daily routine? Follow my simple tips below to start benefiting from its amazing qualities!
1. Start your day with a large glass of warm water and a squeeze of lemon juice. This will cleanse your system.
2. Carry a water bottle around with you (everywhere). To remind yourself to keep sipping, write "Drink Me" on your water bottle (I have does this many times and it works!).
3. Try to drink 2 glasses of water before every meal. This is a very efficient way to up your intake and with water being an appetite suppressant, you might find that you eat less also.
4. If you work at a desk all day, fill up a large jug with water, lemon slices, lime slices and some mint. Not only does it look appetizing, but you will get into the habit of having a glass each time you sit down.
5. Water doesn't have to be boring or tasteless! Add slices of your favorite citrus fruits, berries, ginger, mint…whatever you find appealing!
Let me know what advice you have for drinking more water or how these tips worked for you!
Be fit and fabulous!
Our newest FitPerez contributor, Courtney Barber, is always here to help! Check out her website or Facebook and follow her on twitter @CourtneyBFit! Email the celebrity fitness and lifestyle consultant your questions at Tips@FitPerez.com!
Tags: advice, courtney barber, drink, h20, hydration, metabolism, suppress appetite, tips, toxins, water