After two people in Louisiana died from brain-eating amoebas they contracted while using neti pots — a home remedy for colds — doctors aren't advising patients to shoot tap water through their nostrils to relieve their ailment.
A 20-year-old man and 51-year-old Louisiana woman both died of encephalitis over the course of this year, which was traced back to a microbe floating around in tap water used in a neti pot device.
Tags: cold remedy, death, department of health and hospitals, louisiana, man, nasal spray, neti pot, patient, vicks, woman
Wow. Product placement much? LOLz!
Kris Humphries was spotted leaving a Minneapolis pharmacy while carrying a
little bit too clearly visible box of Cold-EEZE, a cold remedy clinically proven to shorten the duration of the common cold.
Hmm…we wonder if he was PAID to skip the bag and non-chalantly flash the logo of cold medicine to photographers?
Nah, the pharmacy was probably just out of Vicks. Hope that stuff helps you get rid of those "sniffles", Kris!
Tags: cold medicine, cold-eeze, common cold, kris humphries, lols, medication, minneapolis, nba, paid, pharmacy, promote, spokesman, vicks